Today I wanted to share a simple recipe with all of you…
My mom has been making this since I was little, and it is a nice quick meal you can just throw together if you have these basic ingredients:
1 lb of elbow macaroni
1 can of strained tuna
A few stalks of washed celery
Half an onion
2 or 3 Hardboiled Eggs
Salt & Pepper
Sometimes I also add some sliced black olives, but I didn’t have any so feel free to add those in too, if you’d like! So the steps to making this yummy dish are pretty easy!!
1. First you cook your pound of pasta, and strain it! Also while your pasta is cooking, you can also hard boil your eggs as well! 2 or 3 should do just the trick for a pound of pasta! Once your pasta is done cooking, rinse it with cool water to prevent from sticking, and throw it in a large mixing bowl! Let that cool a bit while we prep our other ingredients…
2. Once your eggs are done, it should make it easier to get the shells off if you shock them in cold water. (I guess that would make them SHELLSHOCKED! AAHAHAH!) and leave them in that for a few minutes while you’re prepping your veggies in the next step!
3. Next wash your celery, and peel your onion! Chop them up, dice them up finely if you’d like, or if you like your veggies chunkier that’s fine too! It’s all what YOU prefer!
4. Once all of your veggies are chopped, go back and take your “shellshocked” eggies out of the water! Give them a peeling and rinse them to get the remaining shell bits off. Now chop your eggs into nice sized chunks, and open your can of tuna!
5. Now you are going to add your Onion, Celery, Eggs, & Tuna to the pasta in your large mixing bowl… Add mayonnaise until you are happy with the consistency. You can also opt to use some Greek yogurt as a healthier option if you’d like. Stir it all together!!
6. Now it’s time to go out to your garden if you have one, and pick some *FRESH PARSLEY* or you can just buy some parsley from the store! Now go to your magickal spice rack and grab your paprika for another little splash of color!! Also add some salt and pepper. Feel free to taste along the way to make sure the flavors are exactly how you want them!
7. Now wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes! This dish is best served cold!
Enjoy a whole bowl of this as your whole lunch OR have as just a side with some BBQ’d meats or grilled veggies!!!
Try it out and add your own ingredients as well!! Did you try this recipe? Let me know how you liked it, in the comments below?
I grew up in an Italian household, so food to me is a very personal experience. Food to me, means family sitting down together to enjoy a nice meal. It is the part of the day that I cherish the most, bonding over stories and flavors. Good food is one of the greatest enjoyments of life.