HAPPY NEW YEAR AND 2018 TO ALL!
As you can see, I have given JustinasWorld.com a bit of a facelift. I haven’t really done much with this website since I launched it back in 2015. It always just seemed a bit cluttered and disorganized – I think my problem was that I was just trying to fit way too much on it. So I have changed the layout a bit, took some topics off. You can now find all of my tarot journals and esoteric talk on my “MAGICKAL” blog over at BohemianMagicStudios.com! Some of my old tarot posts are still floating around in the blogroll on here, which I will probably leave, but I took the TAROT option off my main menu.
I think 2018 for me is all about DECLUTTERING and ORGANIZING. Let’s clear away some of the noise so we can focus on what it is that we really want. I think I have been spending the majority of the past 4 years or so, trying to figure out what it is that I REALLY want. I’ve honestly been wandering around like a lost little puppy. I’m STILL trying to figure this out, so I thought I would do this blog post, so I can kind of help YOU through the process as well.
HOW TO DECLUTTER YOUR LIFE IN THE NEW YEAR
FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU DON’T WANT
The first step to figuring out what you want in your life, is to figure out what you DON’T want. And I mean this goes for all categories – people, places and things. The new year is a great time to purge everything.
7 THINGS TO DECLUTTER FROM YOUR LIFE IN THE NEW YEAR
1. EMAILS – Do you keep getting emails from people who you still don’t know how you ended up on their mailing list? UNSUBSCRIBE. You had the option to opt in, and you most certainly have the option to opt out. The unsubscribe button is usually at the bottom of the email in really small fine print. Click on that and it is that simple to unsubscribe from unwanted emails. To make things easier you can use the app Unroll.me which is completely free!
2. SOCIAL MEDIA – Do you keep seeing annoying Facebook Posts from people you don’t really care to keep up with, but you feel bad defriending them because it will be awkward when you see them in public? UNFOLLOW them! Facebook allows you to unfollow people without defriending them, and the best part is that they’ll never know you’ve unfollowed them!
3. JUNK MAIL – Do you keep getting paper statements from your banks and credit card signup forms? Opt out of those paper statements, most banks encourage electronic statements nowadays! As for those pesky credit card signup forms, I still have no idea to stop those, so I would invest in a paper shredder and do this as they come in. Otherwise, you keep putting it off and putting it off, and then you end up with a laundry basket full of junk mail waiting to be destroyed (I speak from personal experience… I still struggle with this…) *UPDATE: I did a bit of googling, and I haven’t looked into it much YET, but there is this site where you can opt out of junk mail – I’m pretty sure this pertains to physical mail. Also I saw on the site that you can also opt out of cold call lists. SCORE! CHECK IT OUT: dmachoice.thedma.org
4. OLD CLOTHES & STUFF – Do you have clothes or shoes in your closet that you don’t wear anymore? Go through that closet and figure out what you’ve grown out of, not only size-wise, but maybe age wise as well. There’s TONS of crap I had and still have in my closet from even just 3 years ago that I am ready to part with because my style has changed. Give them to good will if they are in good enough shape, or if you want to make some cash you can try to sell them on apps like Poshmark, and even Facebook allows you to post stuff to sell now. If those ripped jeans or that concert T-shirt that has holes in the armpit are that unsalvageable, just chuck it. No matter what you decide to do with the clothes, do something! Clutter is clutter, and progress is progress!
5. PEOPLE – This one is a bit harder to do, especially because there are feelings involved, but sometimes certain friendships & relationships have run their course, and it’s nothing personal, but it’s actually more unhealthy to stick around and remain accessible to certain toxic people in your life. And maybe it’s not completely toxic, but maybe you’ve just outgrown each other, and that’s ok too. People grow apart, and grow out of each other, just like they do their clothes. Aim to find your true TRIBE so then you can truly VIBE!!
6. THINGS YOU JUST HATE OR SIMPLY DON’T FEEL LIKE DOING- Are you continuing to do things for people, simply because they ask? Sometimes you just have to learn to say no. It’s not humanly possible to attend every single event that every single friend invites you to. If you feel like staying in so you can declutter or to save some money, then you shouldn’t have to feel guilty for wanting to do so. This past month, I quit my morning part time gig because I honestly just didn’t feel like doing it anymore, and let me tell you how far that has exceeded its expiration date… I was starting to become bitter about it and really started feeling like I had to pull myself to get out the door to do it. I was feeling a resistance, and it was making me so miserable to be overworked and underpaid. So I quit. After almost 10 years. I have another source of income, and that’s always important to be able to pay your bills first and foremost, so definitely make sure you can make your ends meet before you pull the plug on a source of income.
7. THINGS THAT ARE BROKEN OR MISSING PIECES – Do you have a junk drawer with old batteries that are leaking acid, or sunglasses missing lenses or broken arms? What about that bin of missing socks? Seriously, chuck that shit, unless you’re planning on making an arsenal of sock puppets… but seriously… what do you need them for? What about those socks that have holes in them? BAI! Old medications taking up room in your cabinet? Old hair dye? This is all stuff I have recently just chucked… It feels so much better!
These are just a few of the things that I have began to declutter from my life this year, so I can make more room for stuff I actually WANT to do. What kinds of things can YOU declutter from your life? Do you have other ideas that weren’t on MY list? Feel free to comment below!
This page is just a glimpse of my venture into the realm of the metaphysical. You can see more of that on my witchy blog here!